Make volunteering your New Year’s Resolution
“Make volunteering your New Year’s Resolution”, says Citizens Advice South Hams
Leading local advice charity, Citizens Advice South Hams, is asking local people to consider making a New Year’s Resolution to volunteer with them during 2017.
Janie Moor, Citizens Advice Manager, said:
“Many people set New Year’s resolutions. So we are asking local people to consider volunteering with us this year. We are looking for volunteers who enjoy working with people and can spare up to eight hours a week. I am sure that this is one resolution people will want to keep.”
Local volunteer, Elaine King, said:
“I get a buzz out of the voluntary work I do because I know it makes a difference. Volunteering at Citizens Advice South Hams has given me the opportunity gain wider social knowledge and valuable people skills. I volunteered to give, but I now realise I actually gained.”
This is an excellent time to join the charity as they are heading up a drive to widen access to their face to face services across the district. With outreaches in Kingsbridge, Ivybridge and Dartmouth and opportunities in GP surgeries in Chillington and Woolwell there is more opportunity than ever before to get involved. There are also opportunities to support the charity’s fundraising work and to work in non-client facing roles. “Wherever your talents lie, get involved,” urged Janie.
For more information about the positions available and to register an interest go to: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/support-us/volunteering/.
If you would like to have a look at our flyer about volunteering please click here: make-a-difference-volunteering
- The Citizens Advice service is a network of independent charities that helps people resolve their money, legal and other problems by providing information and advice and by influencing policymakers. For more information see www.citizensadvice.org.uk
- The advice provided is free, independent, confidential, and impartial, and available to everyone.
- Most Citizens Advice service staff are trained volunteers
- Advice and information is available from www.citizensadvice.org.uk
- Advice and information is also available by calling the Citizens Advice helpline on 03444 111 444 between 9.00am and 4pm, Monday – Friday
- Citizens Advice South Hams is based at Follaton House, Totnes, TQ9 5NE. They are open Monday – Thursday 10-1 and 2-4pm. Telephone advice is available on 03 444 111 444
- Information about Citizens Advice South Hams is available from https://www.southhamscab.org.uk