Come and Join Our Team!
We’re looking for volunteers to expand our Client Support Team. This essential role is critical to the success of our service, coordinating client enquiries so that cases are progressed quickly and achieve the right outcomes for our clients.
What will you do?
– Act as first point of contact for clients and other visitors to our Totnes office at Follaton House;
– Conduct an initial check to ascertain the client’s immediate needs and deadlines;
– Consult with the supervisor in order to advise the client on the best course of action, including how long they might be waiting and what the next steps should be;
– Issue registration forms and upload the information to our case recording system;
– Respond to incoming telephone calls, emails and post, updating the Citizens Advice case recording system and keeping advisers informed;
Make good use of IT systems such as Google docs, Gmail, internet browsers, Microsoft word and Citizens Advice case recording system.
What’s in it for you?
– Meet local people committed to helping others;
– Gain or build on valuable skills and experience such as communication, IT skills and team working which may help with future employability;
– Contribute to the smooth running of the advice service which makes a real difference to peoples’ lives;
– Be part of a dynamic and forward looking team that supports each other as much as our clients;
– Work with a range of different people, independently and in a team.
Full induction and training in our systems and procedures will be provided.
And we’ll reimburse expenses too.
What do you need to have?
You don’t need specific qualifications but you’ll need to:
– be friendly and approachable;
– be non-judgmental, respecting views, values and cultures that may be different to your own;
– have excellent IT skills;
– be calm under pressure;
– enjoy working in a team and have the confidence to act independently in areas of responsibility;
– be able to manage competing demands and priorities in a busy office environment;
– be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies.
– As this is mainly an office based role, be able to travel to our office in Totnes
How much time do you need to give?
We ask volunteers to be able to commit to at least one day per week on a long term basis. However for a short-term placement, to gain work experience or similar, we would be happy to discuss different options.
We are an equal opportunities organisation and welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Interested? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.