Become a Friend of Citizens Advice
Did you know?
Citizens Advice South Hams is a local independent charity that every year helps thousands of local residents resolve problems with debt, housing, homelessness, disabilities, benefit entitlement and more. We champion citizens’ and consumers rights, watch for unfairness and campaign for change. We are also staffed mainly by volunteers and rely on donations and funding to survive.
We need you – as a Friend
- Know you’re making a difference to people’s lives
- Receive regular updates on our work
- Join us for an open day each year at our offices in Totnes
- Help us build a network of Friends as:
- Fundraisers to help with cake bakes, pub quizzes, sponsored runs and other events.
- Donors to help by simply making a financial contribution to our work, either as a regular donation or a one off payment.
In whatever way you can help, we’d love you to join us.
We need you – as a Volunteer
- Build skills and confidence
- Find your next direction in life
- Meet likeminded people
- Get to know your local community
- Receive full initial and ongoing training
- Give from 6 hours a week
We need people to come forward as advisers, administrators, fundraisers and to help with PR. People from all walks of life volunteer, those who have retired, those who want to return to work and need current work experience and young people wanting to add work experience to their CV’s.
If you would like to become a Friend of Citizens Advice South Hams or volunteer, we would love to hear from you, either download our Friends leaflet or email us at
You can also make a Donation Today or a Donation Regularly by downloading our standing order mandate form and Gift Aid declaration, the standing order can be amended or cancelled at any time.