Holding a coffee morning or a tea party and Raising a Cuppa for Citizens Advice, means you’ll be helping with our core work of advising thousands of South Hams residents that come to us every year.
Our aim is to keep training our volunteers so we stay around to help everyone who asks, and by Raising a Cuppa and fundraising for us, you make that possible.
Tips for success
- Fix a date, time and location for your Raise a Cuppa event – small or large, morning coffee or afternoon tea, at home with family, friends and neighbours or a village hall or work place with colleagues. If you are planning a larger event ask others to help with the baking as well, in these days of the Great British Bake Off most people have a signature cake. If you hold a larger event consider safety and regulations concerning the location.
- Get the message out – we have designed invitations, posters, and bunting which can be downloaded from southhamscab.org.uk For those planning a larger event we can send you A3 posters with the location and time of your event printed, plus some Citizens Advice balloons and Gift Aid envelopes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Event – is whatever you feel comfortable with, make things easier by selling your tea / coffee and cakes as a bundle. Perhaps organise a raffle (small private event raffles held over one day do not need a licence) or games to raise donations, have a collecting box for change and Gift Aid envelopes. If you can, please send us pictures of your event as we may be able to use them on our website and newsletter.
Paying in donations – Where possible please include reference RaC and your name
- Money and Gift Aid envelopes can be taken to Citizens Advice South Hams, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes TQ9 5NE, from Monday to Thursday between 9am and 4pm.
- Cheques can be made payable to South Hams Citizens Advice Bureau and posted to the address above.
- Bank transfers to South Hams Citizens Advice Bureau at CAF Bank, account number 00085979, sort code 40 52 40.
- On line donations can be made via our website, southhamscab.org.uk
Keep up to date with our work
- Sign up for our quarterly newsletter – see the work that we are doing in the community and how we are raising donations, contact email@example.com
Thank you for Raising a Cuppa for Citizens Advice
Registered Charity 1091133