South Hams District Council and West Devon Borough Council, working together in partnership, have jointly funded a Local Discretionary Welfare Support Scheme.
Citizens Advice South Hams and TNMW Devon have successfully bid for this contract to provide bespoke money advice to service users referred through both councils and is seeking a Money Advice caseworker to deliver the core service objectives of the contract:
- To provide a free, independent, confidential and impartial debt advice service that delivers a fair outcome for both debtors and creditors;
- To assist people in budgeting and managing their money more effectively, particularly those who are most affected by changes in the benefit regimes;
- To promote and assist people in accessing the use of affordable and responsible credit;
- To provide advice to maximise household, family and individual income and reduce arrears; and
- Help improve understanding of benefit systems, in order to assist people claim more effectively.
For a full job description and application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org