After four years of dedicated service, Dennis Mardon is standing down as Treasurer to Citizens Advice Devon. Dennis has played a significant role in the success of the service in Devon having being Treasurer since its establishment, as well as leading Citizens Advice Exeter as its Chair.
Devon Chair, David Incoll said that “the service is indebted to Dennis for his dedicated service and wise guidance. We are also very fortunate to have attracted someone with the expertise of Will Adams as our new Treasurer. “
Will who spent most his career in the oil industry said “I am delighted to take on the role of Treasurer. Citizens Advice has such an impressive record of service to people throughout Devon.”
The role of Business Development Officer is crucial to the success of Citizens Advice Devon in being able to work with partners to provide projects and programmes that meet existing and future needs of the people in Devon. Judith Sharples joins the charity bringing an impressive track record, having worked in and supporting Local and National Government including Devon County Council.
Judith says that “she is excited to be joining Citizens Advice at a time when there is so much demand for sound advice and guidance about housing, debt, health, employment and consumer issues including the pitfalls of internet fraud and the current funding pressures requiring imaginative joint working between organisations.”
Representing Torridge, North, Mid and West Devon North, David Margetts has joined the Board. David has an extensive and successful career in business. David says” having been a Volunteer Adviser for six years I am pleased to be able to use that experience working with the Trustee Board “
Also, new to the Board is Chris Mottram who represents South Hams. Chris says “as the Treasurer at South Hams, I bring years of Citizens Advice knowledge and considerable commercial experience as a retired Board Director of an international IT software organisation and leading transformational business change for major global telecom providers. “
Notes to editors:
- Citizens Advice Devon is a consortium of the seven local Citizens Advice charities working across the County. For more information see www.cabdevon.org.uk
- The Citizens Advice service is a network of independent charities that helps people resolve their money, legal and other problems by providing information and advice and by influencing policymakers. For more information see www.citizensadvice.org.uk
- The advice provided is free, independent, confidential, and impartial, and available to everyone.
- Most Citizens Advice service staff are trained volunteers
- Advice and information is available from www.citizensadvice.org.uk
- Advice and information is also available by calling the Citizens Advice helpline on 03444 111 444 between 9.00am and 4pm, Monday – Friday