About South Hams Citizens Advice
Citizens Advice South Hams is one of over 300 local charities who together as members of the National Citizens Advice Bureaux make up largest advice provider in England and Wales.
The Citizens Advice service helps people to resolve their problems. We provide free, confidential, independent and impartial advice to everyone and inform them of their rights and responsibilities. Our goal is to help everyone find a way forward, whatever problem they face. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
People come to us with all sorts of issues. You may have money, benefit, housing or employment problems. You may be facing a crisis, or just considering your options.
And we don’t just give advice. We campaign for change using your experiences to influence local and national policymakers and service providers to improve policies and services which aren’t working.
We are a Registered Charity, number 1091133.
We are lucky to have the time and expertise of a dedicated team of 40+ volunteers, who are supported by a small team of paid supervisors, managers and specialists. Without them our work would not be possible.
Citizens Advice South Hams also has a board of trustees who play an essential role in ensuring that the charity runs smoothly.
Trustees make sure that:
- The advice services we offer are high quality
- Our clients’ experiences are used to campaign for changes in policies or services locally and nationally
- Resources are secured to meet current and new demands and that all funds are used responsibly, and
- Recruitment and selection for staff and volunteers are fair and we are representative of the local community
- Training and support are available for staff and volunteers
- Local partner organisations and funders are aware of the charity and its services